Re: Celts save $50,000; Best signs for vet. minimum

Why on earth would anybody blame Best for trying to make as much money as
possible. What is obvious is that Best was not Danny's guy to begin with.
Otherwise why be so quick to lock in a guy who clearly wasn't on anybody's
hot list. I don't particularly care for Mike James and think we would've
been better off staying with Bremer.  I think our lack of experience at the
point will really hurt us in the coming season. As a rule most succesful
point guards struggle in their first years in the league. One need only look
at Payton or Iverson to see that even the most gifted playmakers need to
acclimate once in the NBA. I can only imagine that Ainge was thinking if he
brings in a veteran point guard such as Kenny or Best the running team he
envisions will not come to fruition.

Art