Re: Celtics Need To Get In On This Wallace Action

< Methinks, with Portland's need for a young center, a package of Walker
and Battie, or Walker, Perkins, and cap crap for Rasheed might interest
the Blazers. > -WayRay

Walker and Battie for Rasheed? Who would then play center for us?
Blount?

I like Tony Battie. ''Mr. Invisible'' is underrated because he has never
averaged more than 25 mpg, 1.5 bpg, 8.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg.  Yet he has selflessly
served as our anchor in the Harter defense, quietly covering the sins of
our other defenders. And if Obie would ever design even two plays for
Tony, he could easily be our third scorer, averaging double figures.

Is it Walker's shortcomings as a ''classic'' PF that have skewed our
judgment of Battie's worth?

Egg

PS: < Ray/howiecarr is still bitter because the C's didn't draft or try
to sign the true object of "you two's" desire -  Ernest Brown. >
- CeltsSteve

How many drafts and how many of YOUR erroneous draft/trade ideas
have passed since then? 1000? 2000? 3000? Sometimes it just takes
a WayRay to stimulate these boards during the deadest Celt news
period of the season when even the reporters are all on vacation.