Walker vs. Jefferson? Bad idea.

> I believe that the Cs have the answer to its PF need on the team
> already--Tony Battie. Start him at the PF and Blount at C (or Perkins, if he develops).
> A move like that would be especially be useful against NJ--as it would force
> Kenyon Martin to guard the PF and Antoine would go against Jefferson.

Not really an answer..

Its on the offensive end that Martin kills us, IMHO. With Battie out there
already helping Walker they did alright -defensively. On offense they just stick
Martin on him - no double and he shuts Walker down. That's a huge problem on
the Celtics spot up shooting offense. We rely upon doubles to get other people
involved. Like Jefferson is supposed to double off a McCarty and leave him
for the open three. With Martin in there they don't need to do that - hence no
offense.

A big lineup might help on defense vs. Martin, but the Walker vs. Jefferson
match up on offense would be trouble. I see no net gain there. Actually I think
defensively I would take Martin vs. Walker over Jefferson vs. Walker. Rick
tried Walker at the three - he wa younger and faster then and he was hopeless.

 Pete