Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Celtics Need To Get In On This Wallace Action

At 01:46 PM 8/9/03 +0000, Way Of the Ray and howiecarrfan wrote:

>Methinks, with Portland's need for a young center, a package of Walker and
>Battie, or Walker, Perkins, and cap crap for Rasheed might interest the
>Blazers.  Wallace and Pierce would give the Celtics one of the best duos
>in the East, and with Rasheed's $17M. contract expiring after the season;
>a buyout of Baker and a Wallace departure, would make the Celtics major
>players in free agency next year.
>
>Awake yourself from your comatose-inducing free agent maneuvers Danny Boy
>and get to it....

It's going to look like I'm picking on Ray and Howie this week, but I
disagree.  I want no part of Rasheed Wallace.  The Blazers have an uncanny
knack of getting players who are unstable and letting them run
wild.  Wallace has never expressed a whit of self-control, as evidenced by
his repeated penchant for trying to be the Jermaine O'Neal of the
WC.  We're going to have enough to deal with as Vin Baker tries to be come
a contributor.  We don't need 'Sheed, no matter his talent, he's too much
of a distraction.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle