Re: [Celtics' Stuff One moment I really enjoyed in this game...

In a message dated 4/28/03 8:12:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
snoopy@celticsbeagle.net writes:

> This is the reverse of last year's playoffs, when Pierce came off the season
> hot, but got frustrated in the playoffs.  This time, he came off a tough
> end of the season, and is exploding like Godzilla out of Tokyo Bay in the
> playoffs.

Snoop,

I love that Godzilla reference.  I'm going to have to use that with my Laker
lovin'  office associates.

I was surprised the C's didn't try to ride Paul in the 4th quarter after his
magnificent 3rd quarter display. He could have easily put up 50 - 55 had they
continued to milk his hot hand and just let him attack, attack, attack and
get to the FT line.

T. Buckets and Walter making shots so far is proving to be a huge factor this
year  vs. last season's playoffs when both of them were struggling. Of
course, both are getting consistent minutes this year as opposed to last year
and I'm sure both are more in a rhythm now, too. As long as Antoine keeps
acting as a decoy to draw the double team only to kick it back out and the
team keeps reversing the ball to an open Delk or McCarty and they continue to
make the other team pay, it will make Pierce completely unstoppable.  God
forbid if Bremer starts knocking down his looks with any consistency. It'll
be "Katy bar the door" at that point and will make the C's will be a very
tough out because they will be scoring enough points to offset their lack on
interior D.  Batman needs to stay healthy, too.

CeltsSteve