Re: Shaughnessy Says Bring On The Messiah And Treat Auerbach With Respect

Sorry, John, but I couldn't disagree more.  Red represents a great many of
the reasons for Celtics Pride and if he's happy in his office, why should he
have to give it up?  He was hurt enough by Pitino.  I'm not sure he
interferes that much with the day to day business of  the Celtics - so why
hurt an elderly man who's done so much to make this franchise what it is?  I
would think less of the Celtics if they took his office away from him.  I
don't care if I'm sentimental - that's the way I feel.

Dorine

Personally I have thought it was time for Red to retire years ago. They need
to Shula him out in style.  If not we will continue to have drafts like Eric
Williams, Moiso, Brown, Forte etc.  based on his evaluation that I think
went south years ago. The game has simple changed too much. Hopefully they
will take Wallace with him. He has shown very little in my opinion.

John