predictions and so on...

Cecil, in the midst of an argument with Lance, typed:

"Perhaps, Tammo is waiting for a while to make her prediction. Is there a
time-limit on this or are we allowed to wait until just before the start of
the season? I thought Snoop said we could wait if we wanted. Are you
usurping his authority now?"

People are free to make predictions right up to the opening tip off on
October 30.  HOWEVER--given that I'm somehow not getting all my incoming
eekmail (this is not, after all, limited to the Celtics list, but some
other problem), I suggest you don't wait until the last minute.  That way,
if there's a delay, there's time to fix it.  I'm probably going to cut lots
of slack, unless there's a bunch of late people predicting 81-1 or
something like that.  :>)

I'd be thrilled if Tammo, or anyone else wants to add their predictions
(and suggestions for the site) to the list.  It is by no means mandatory,
nor a prerequisite to be taken seriously that you do so, however.  Some
people just aren't into the predictions list.  It's cool.  The main thing
here is to root for the team, not get bogged down in differences.  Some
people like Pierce.  Some don't.

I've never seen anyone on the Celtics team who was universally
beloved.  Some people thought Walter Brown was a financial fool, some say
Red is a control freak, and others think Johnny Most was far too partisan
to be a good broadcaster.  So I'm not surprised there are those who find
fault with Paul Pierce.  You look hard enough, you can find something wrong
with everyone.  So why waste the time?  Focus on the positive, and trust
that the coach will iron out any problems as we go forward.

For my own part?  I like Pierce.  He loves the game and plays hard.  To me
at least, it's obvious that he tries to pass off the ball to others, only
to have them blow the shot more often than not.  That leaves the scoring up
to him (and Walker).  That's not selfishness--it's necessity.  Pierce could
easily have packed it in after those guys tried to kill him.  He
didn't.  He stayed and foght his way back and proved he WANTS to be
here.  Is he perfect?  No.  I personally will be happy when there's less
reliance on the threes--I like the inside game, especially if it gets easy
hoops.  But if they must happen, I think Pierce's shot selection is better
than anyone else's on the team.  I don't panic when he hoists them like I
do when Antoine heaves them off.

oh, ps--those going to my site, I've changed the sound on the plug in, it
takes a minute or so to load, but you can see everything else on the page
before that happens.  I'll trim the wav file tonight or tomorrow to make it
easier.
Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle site
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html