Re: Blame Jordan!

    Kim Malo writes:

    <<Mmmm. and the firing 3 points shots thing is simply dead wrong for Mercer.
    30 of his 707 shots that year were attempted 3s. Less than half of 1%? Not exactly
firing away.
    Actually that was one of the biggest continual criticisms about him then - he was
a pure SG who             couldn't shoot the 3 and *had* to develop one to play his
position. Which was not something I             agreed with, then or now. Have I
mentioned that I HATE that shot? Anyway, the reliable mid-range     jumper that was
his bread and butter was actually a lot more rare in the league these days, even if it
lacks the flash. That mid-range jumper and some surprisingly powerful drive/dunks
(usually MUCH     'louder' than Walker's, which always amused me given the differences
in their perceived attitudes)         were his game

    This may confirm something I was beginning to suspect about Lance and some other
way out of line     perceptions. His real problem is with his eyesight. Can't tell a 3
pt shot from a 15 ft jumper,                 can't...>>

Kim. you're adorable, but next time you try humming, check out the melody first.
How'd you like to look at those stats again?   Here's Mercer in '97-98:  played 80
games, logged 2662 min and made 3-28 3pt shots.  In 98-99, he managed to play in on 41
games or Boston, and managed to shoot 30 threes.

Now, perhaps arithmetic isn't your strong suit, but with the arrival of Pierce, he
doubled his three point shooting.  DOUBLED IT.  From a guy who's range was well inside
of the arc.

Keep up the good investigative reporting, Archie Comics is looking for a crack
newshound.  Oh, and the gist of the comments were that nobody was moving for Kenny to
pass to that year, PP, RM, and AW were firing up from the perimeter.

97-98 Bos  80 62 2662 515-1145 .450   3-28 .107   188-224 .839   125 17 132 213 2 109
171 280 176 1221
98-99 Bos  41 40 1551 305-707 .431   5-30 .167   83-105 .790   67 12 89 81 1 37 118
155 104 698