RE: Blame Jordan!

At 04:18 PM 9/11/02 -0400, Cecil wrote:
> [...]

<snip>

>* Kenny only played a total of 34 games for us in 98-99.

Mmmm. and the firing 3 points shots thing is simply dead wrong for Mercer.
30 of his 707 shots that year were attempted 3s. Less than half of 1%? Not exactly firing away.
Actually that was one of the biggest continual criticisms about him then - he was a pure SG who couldn't shoot the 3 and *had* to develop one to play his position. Which was not something I agreed with, then or now. Have I mentioned that I HATE that shot? Anyway, the reliable mid-range jumper that was his bread and butter was actually a lot more rare in the league these days, even if it lacks the flash. That mid-range jumper and some surprisingly powerful drive/dunks (usually MUCH 'louder' than Walker's, which always amused me given the differences in their perceived attitudes) were his game

This may confirm something I was beginning to suspect about Lance and some other way out of line perceptions. His real problem is with his eyesight. Can't tell a 3 pt shot from a 15 ft jumper, can't...

Kim