Re: Fw: [Celtics' Stuff from hero to go

From: "Cecil" <cecil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

He mentioned that
Bird, who most of us know that it's his last name, was using a name by a
former Boston legend and called him Larry Joe and Mother, [...]
I won't refute with what you said, Cecil, because frankly, I agree with it,
but worry not for me. I've been called much worse (and publicly on this list, as well) and it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I only take to heart criticism from people I actually respect. This is separate from your issue of courtesy, which I think is a good one.

As for my last name, it does annoy me at times that people sometimes think it's some sort of homage to Larry or some such thing, but that's part and parcel of the name. You just have to imagine what it's like having the name back when Larry Bird was playing as was one of the most famous basketball players around (circa 1984-1989). If I had a nickel for everytime someone has asked me "Are you related to...", I'd have a lot more money. Could be worse. My last name could be "Laimbeer" or something.

It is because of behavior like that, that longtime contributors have left.
Bill Cooper immediately comes to mind.
This is what I really wanted to ask: Do we know this for a fact? Bill Cooper's participation has been sorely missed, but I didn't think anyone had identified the reason(s) why, though I could have missed it somewhere.

Bird