The "Nightmare" Team

Thankfully, I missed last night's game. I thought it was tonight. I must
say on the one hand I am sickened as an American and as a sports fan
that we lost. On the other hand, I am glad that these multimillion
dollar, arrogant, defense-lacking players lost. I think we all knew it
would happen one day, but hoped it would be 10 or so years down the line
before the world caught up. I don't want to hear about the Shaq's, etc
not being on the squad. WHen you have USA on your chest, you give it
your all and clearly these "Me" players don't and didn't. What's to
blame? NBA players not playing 4 years of school (Yes, Kobe was an
exception), not being properly trained/coached, not commited to "D" and
an ESPN attitude, that is your stats , highlight dunks and contracts
that matter, not the W/L's. I am very disappointed. Also, I hate George
Karl, who must be the most overrated coach in the NBA, who came up with
this gem: "In a time of feeling poorly, awful, there's a part of me that
celebrates this victory for basketball," Karl said. "I think someday the
world will be our best." -- What the hell does that mean.
Congratulations, I suck! The only coach in the NBA I have less respect
for is Doug Collins, who could not even get to the Finals with Michael
Jordan.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, I just feel a hangover coming on and I
wasn't even at a party.

Peace!

PS - I would like to add that Paul Pierce got what he wished for the
other day...worldwide recognition!