Re: PC to the extreme

At 07:23 AM 10/31/02 -0800, Michael Gooen wrote:
but had to smile at Kim's comment:

<<Speaking of which (green lights) did anyone else at the Fleece think
that continually running Restoration Lumber ads on the new light show
boards that had a parquet background and discussed scrap wood was in less
than the best of good taste : )>>

OK, now we're worried about hurting the feelings of a FLOOR....  ;-)
*helpless giggles* Hey, it's our last tie with greatness other than Red, and I notice we don't push a lot of products suggesting that he be ripped apart for parts ; P
Glad to provide the smile. I can only hope the marketing genius who proposed the ad has read this and now has the creeping horrors over what a career ending mistake he made (that has more to do with my feelings about most marketing mavens than the ad per se)

For what it's worth, I didn't think Baker looked that bad.  Tommy was
right -- one of those three second calls was made when he wasn't even in
the lane.
Bulpett's right too, and clearly a big part of the problem is insufficient aggressiveness. I thought that was slightly better than what I saw in the preseason and that he looked more comfortable, which indicates that the two probably are linked vs the issue being pure laziness. Which might mean it's more a matter of the adjustments taking longer than we'd hoped than the disaster some portray it. I STILL wish they'd give him an ego boosting alley oop or two like the one they fed Battie last night and have been doing through the pre-season. It would also remind his teammates that how he looks is a function of them too. Pep talks are fine, rafter raising assists are better.

Kim