RE: My Bitch Is

At 12:08 PM 10/31/02 -0500, Wright, Cecil wrote (in response to Dan Forant):
...You will flip flop like a flounder all over the place.  You
will praise Toine on his good performances and rip him for being
uncaptainlike when he doesn't measure up.  You'll blame Obie when we lose
and commend him and Harter when we play well.  It is a tad predictable, no?
Why not just wait and see how this team takes shape before you come out
swinging.  Oh...that's right...we had the preseason and one regular season
game.  And from that you know how the team will do.  Good thing we kept
Delk?  Most folks wanted him shipped out for a bag o thumbtacks after last
season.  It was generally accepted that Rogers was the contributor to our
success, not Delk.
No, no, Cecil. This isn't like you.You're missing the awe inspiringly hyperbolous (is that a word?) bit from the original Delk comment. This wasn't just "good thing", this was "thank god". Y'know, like thank god Larry could come out of traction for the playoffs, thank god Red had the sense to swap Easy Ed for the rights to draft Russ, thank god Nellie had an in with the rim gods before sending that championship winner bouncing high up in the air and back down swish, thank Pierce didn't get killed in that fight. I mean, Tony had one nice game shooting, usually passed off the ball when the shot clock was still in the teens for a change, and was one of the few Cs that seemed to understand a pick or screen did not mean you had to just give up trying to guard your man. I'm happy for him, but 'Thank god'???? For Tony Delk???? You don't pick them up by the dozen cheap at Costco, but still...
Kim