And Lance, I wrote that last year "Kenny had his one final decent year,"

Funny how everyone thinks this is true..it is simply not. I have no idea why
people keep saying this. Sure the team sucked until recently but what we say
last year was in fact the same old Kenny! Almost exactly!

Kenny had a solid year, two years ago as well... The statistics clearly bear
that out,
and watching him play -  his game was very similiar to last years.

In fact, in 99-00 he shot a slighty better percentage from the field and from
the line.
He played in more games, and had about the same amount of assists (5.1 vs.
5.3). His other numbers are very very close as well...rebounds and steals. If
you thought he played well last year then you had to believe he played well
in 99-00.

He was probably the only guy on the team who would really play for Pitino.
Obviously the memory of some fans on this list is short, but things were
actually looking up for the Pitino era Celtics at this point. And Kenny was
part of the reason..why.

But after he got injured and had the miserable 2000-2001 year people
seemingly forgot all about the year before.

Actually if you ask me Kenny played his best ball when he first came over.
He was averaging 6.3 assists then. Last year he was on a good team, but he
was just the same old Kenny. If you rule out his injury year his stats are
always pretty similiar.

Anyway..sorry for the diatribe...but point is if you believe Kenny had a good
year last year then he MUST have had a good year in 99-00 as well.

Pete