re: Kenny

From: GuyClinch@xxxxxxx

Actually if you ask me Kenny played his best ball when he first came over.
He was averaging 6.3 assists then. Last year he was on a good team, but he
was just the same old Kenny. If you rule out his injury year his stats are
always pretty similiar.
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. This "same old Kenny" actually played some D, and seemed, for once, to accept a third-scorer's role. When someone such as I -- someone who saw Kenny play for the Blazers live, up close and in person, and saw what a great disappoint he was -- can admit that Kenny had a good year, I think that speaks much more for a change, rather than the status quo.

Kenny *did* play best when he first came over -- for about seven games or so. Then it was same old same old. After his injury-rattled season, though, it was easy to write him off, and I did, but, to his credit, he played well. That quite a bit different than saying he always did.

Anyway..sorry for the diatribe...but point is if you believe Kenny had a good
year last year then he MUST have had a good year in 99-00 as well.
Um, that's pretty ridiculous. Though the stats may be similar, having watched both seasons in question, I feel confident in saying they were vastly different. Just because numbers are the same, doesn't mean a guy went about playing in the same way.

I'm just glad October's almost done. I've had to look at Kenny for a whole month, because he's "Mr. October" on my Celtics calendar. He's gone. We can stop apologizing for him now.

Bird