Re: A Kenny comeback?

"Kenny says that if he could, he would prefer to return to the Cs. If he was
totally bought out by the Sonics, it would be interesting to see if the
Celtics would add a 13th player at a minimum contract. Maybe they would dump
Bremer to keep it at 12. Tough to figure when you got the buyout going on."
-DJessen33
                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to the article below it would take $3 million after the buyout if
the Celtics wanted Anderson back because he's not going to forfiet any money.
I can't see the Celtics doing that if they wouldn't spend $3 million on
Rogers.

Sonics
Anderson demands Sonics buy him out
By <A HREF="mailto:pallen@seattletimes.com";>Percy Allen</A>
Seattle Times staff reporter

Kenny Anderson underwent X-rays on his back yesterday to help determine why
spasms have kept him out of practice for the past two days. Determining why
he's unhappy in Seattle, however, is far easier: He doesn't like playing
understudy to Gary Payton. Anderson told his agent to contact the Sonics
about the possibility of buying out the remaining year of his contract and
allowing him to play for another team. Citing anonymous sources, a report in
yesterday's Boston Herald said the Sonics were considering paying $6 million
of Anderson's $9.185-million salary, and would need to find another team
willing to pay the difference. Sonics General Manager Rick Sund would neither
confirm nor deny discussions with Anderson's agent, Jeff Wechsler, but said
he was sympathetic to the situation. In a telephone interview, Wechsler gave
similar comments. Anderson won't forfeit any money and doesn't believe the
overtures his agent has made on his behalf will be successful. But he
believed he had to do something. "Seattle is a great city and a great
organization, but I'm in a situation where I want to play," Anderson said.
"Gary Payton is here. He's a great player and been here his whole career. So
whatever is going to benefit me in the long run, I'm all for it." When
Anderson arrived to Seattle via a trade that shipped him, Vitaly Potapenko
and Joseph Forte to the Sonics in exchange for Vin Baker and Shammond
Williams, Anderson said he understood the role he was expected to play.
Privately, though, he assumed the Sonics would trade him before training
camp. "It's kind of like, they are holding up my career," Anderson said.
"This is a business decision, a money situation (for the Sonics)." "The only
thing is I would like is to be in a conducive environment," Anderson said. "I
think mainly they did it for a business decision anyway, so I got screwed on
the other end. I'm getting screwed." Anderson understands that people outside
of basketball won't understand. "The average fan (will say) 'How is he
getting screwed?' " said Anderson, 32. " 'He's getting X amount of money.'
But it ain't about the money. It's the love of the game. I still feel that at
my age, right now, I'm healthy. I can be a (point) guard and starting
somewhere." Given a choice, he'd return to Boston, where he played for five
years and helped the Celtics to a berth in the Eastern Conference finals last
season. Minnesota and Denver are other teams needing point guards, but
Anderson doesn't want to land just anywhere. "I've got some teams that I
would love to play for," he said. "But Seattle has the call on it. They own
my rights. "If you look at it, just hypothetically, you could say that Denver
needs a point guard. But I don't want to do that, not right now in my career.
... If I had to just run up and down (the court) ... that would be a good
team for that. But for my future, I don't see it. But you never know." Rather
than push for a buyout, Sonics Coach Nate McMillan would rather Anderson
improve on his 27.3 percent shooting and 4.5 scoring average in exhibition
play. "I'll put out a fire if I have to," McMillan said. "I'll stomp it. I
will. I understand that it's not always the case that a player will come in
and accept a role ... and I'll try and explain my reasoning for doing certain
things. I have to. "All guys are not just going to accept it and say 'OK, I'm
going to make the most of it.' That's part of coaching. You're not always
able to reach guys, but I have to try and get him to believe that (backup)
role is important, because it is. How he plays in that particular role will
have an effect on the success of this club."
Note b" At McMillan's request, former Sonic Detlef Schrempf visited practice
yesterday and spoke with guard Desmond Mason and forwards Rashard Lewis and
Vladimir Radmanovic. Percy Allen: 206-464-2278 or <A
HREF="mailto:pallen@seattletimes.com";>pallen@seattletimes.com</A>.