Re: Byron Scott's quotes

On 21 Oct 2002 at 23:53, hironaka@nomade.fr wrote:

> In case you missed it, here's what Byron Scott had to say
> about the decision to play McDyess 40 minutes in a
> preseason game before his season-ending injury (according
> to ESPN's Chad Ford).
>
> "No way in the world I'm going to play my guys like that.
> It's too much of a risk," Scott told the N.Y. Post. "I
> know what Jason [Kidd] and Kerry [Kittles] and [Kenyon
> Martin] can do. I want [Dikembe Mutombo] to get more
> since I need him in there to gel with the guys, but
> nobody's going to play 37 minutes. I'd never do
> that. . .We can be up 20 or down 20 it doesn't matter. I
> knew [McDyess] played 38 minutes or something, and the
> game before that he'd played in the 40s. I had a
> conversation with Rod; I'm not going to play guys that
> many minutes in the preseason because it doesn't matter
> about winning and losing."

Its doubtful that the injury occurred because McDyess played 40 minutes. That injury
could have occurred at any time. So if you ask me, Scott was completely off-base with
that comment.

> BTW, what are the odds that three straight Celtics
> preseason games would get previewed on NBA League Pass?
> They are only showing one game, two tops, per night as a
> tease. Its been great for out-of-state fans with digital
> cable or dish!

Actually, the odds are pretty good. It appears that the Celtics is one of the few, if not
only, team that broadcasts all of its preseasons games, and the League Pass preview
shows whatever games that are being broadcast on a given night.

-David