Byron Scott's quotes

In case you missed it, here's what Byron Scott had to say
about the decision to play McDyess 40 minutes in a
preseason game before his season-ending injury (according
to ESPN's Chad Ford).

"No way in the world I'm going to play my guys like that.
It's too much of a risk," Scott told the N.Y. Post. "I
know what Jason [Kidd] and Kerry [Kittles] and [Kenyon
Martin] can do. I want [Dikembe Mutombo] to get more
since I need him in there to gel with the guys, but
nobody's going to play 37 minutes. I'd never do
that. . .We can be up 20 or down 20 it doesn't matter. I
knew [McDyess] played 38 minutes or something, and the
game before that he'd played in the 40s. I had a
conversation with Rod; I'm not going to play guys that
many minutes in the preseason because it doesn't matter
about winning and losing."

(I bring this up, because I still think it was odd that
Obie went right ahead and played his captains 40 minutes
up in New Hampshire against Byron's Nets, especially
right ahead of a weekend back-to-back road trip. In any
case, everyone's still healthy. All's well that ends
well.)

BTW, what are the odds that three straight Celtics
preseason games would get previewed on NBA League Pass?
They are only showing one game, two tops, per night as a
tease. Its been great for out-of-state fans with digital
cable or dish!

I hope the Dallas game gets broadcast Wed night, but that
would be like batting 1.000.

If not, the last preseason game this Friday versus the
Wiz will be on ESPN. Go Celts!

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?