Re: Celtics preseason stats to date

Mark,
I have actually agree with a couple of your comments here. I am scaling back
my expectations of the Cs this year from  2nd place in the East to fourth or
fifth. This is for two reasons. One is the lack of firepower off the bench.
We have some guys who have potential (SWill,Kedrick, Sundov) but I haven't
seen them really click. They also haven't picked up the defensive scheme yet.
I also severely disappointed in the difficulty in working in Baker into the
offensive scheme. Baker and Walker/Pierce have no idea what the other is
going to do. Baker gets his man sealed off 20 times but get the ball once and
usually way too late. Honestly, the refs could have called three seconds on
Baker the few times he did get the ball in the post. I guess the brain trust
didn't figure out how we were going to get Baker the ball without a point
guard. If we had Stockton to go with Baker and his post ability, we would be
.500 with just those two players. But it is going to take awhile for these
guys and the coach to figure out when and where is the right time to get the
ball to Vin. So I am knocking them down on my predictions.

One other note on Vin. I am already sick of the eye rolling and the head
shaking 10 minutes after he has fouled out of the game. I mean, he didn't
play that bad. He got 7 points and 6 boards.  The guy really has to lower his
goals and expectations. 7 and 6 is fine for right now.

Also, I came to the same conclusion on the Wallace comments. It seems to me
that Wallace thinks Josh is either a  goof or a mouthpiece with some of
Wallace's responses. But if Josh doesn't call him on it... I know Josh
doesn't want to "bite the hand that feeds him" but any "reporter" has to ask
the obvious followup questions...