Kenny Anderson

Here's an interesting excerpt on Kenny Anderson by Kevin Pelton writing for
hoopsword.com. Also of  note, in what is a fairly comprehensive analysis on
Seattle, there is not one mention of Joe Forte.

  "The biggest question mark in my mind is currently Kenny Anderson. During
the middle of last week, McMillan indicated that Anderson might not get the
kind of minutes he and most fans expected him to play. It seems that Anderson
might strictly play only when Payton is out of the ballgame. It also seems
that might be too much, as Anderson has been downright horrid during preseason
play. His shooting has been abysmal thus far (13 of 49, 26.5%), but the
concern is not so much making the shots as taking them. Anderson is shooting
about once every three minutes, far too much given that even during last
year's bounceback with Boston, he was still only a mediocre shooter. When he
isn't shooting, Anderson is dribbling . . . and dribbling . . . and dribbling.
It's as if he's traded jerseys with Shammond Williams, bringing back all the
repressed memories of offenses not starting until five seconds remain on the
shot clock and forced jumpers.

  Watching Anderson play in the playoffs last year and during preseason this
year, he seems like an entirely different player. I will grant that I did not
watch Boston much during the regular season, when Anderson was not as
effective as he was in the playoffs, but I was expecting a whole lot more.
This could be a bit of a vicious cycle: Anderson's unhappy, so he shoots a ton
and doesn't pass. That leads to him playing less, which only makes him
unhappier, which makes him hog the ball even more. With scorers like
Radmanovic and Mason on the second unit needing to play with the ball and move
it, this simply can't continue. Hopefully Anderson will come to his senses and
play better team ball when the regular season starts, but I'm not optimistic
about what, if anything, he'll give the Sonics this year"