Will Someone Explain??

I know this has been hashed over much but I haven't been paying attention.
After a fantastic season why did we trade away an advantage situation. I can
see Kenny, I'm not sure he could hold up as a starter again with big minutes.

We seemingly took a big step backwards. We have some new talent but they are
green. Baker at 50k's plus trade is inexcusable.

So what's the reason, money and Gaston making the bottom line look better? or
what??

DanF