Official word from DirecTV

I called their programming dept at 800 730 4742. Apparently, they just reached a finalized agreement with the NBA *TODAY*. That's why no new info before now. Per the rep, John, they are NOT officially offering preseason games--BUT--they say that EVERY year.

He said that people who are set for auto-renewal should be automatically in between Oct 8-12. The accounts won't even HAVE info on the pass until TOMORROW (Oct8), so there's apparently no point checking your accounts today.

He quoted the auto-renewal preice at $149, the Early bird rate at $159, and the normal price at $179.

In short, it's as disorganized as it is EVERY year. But, as I suspected, it's the NBA being slow to come to terms. Again. sigh.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle