Re: League Pass

At 08:55 AM 10/07/2002 -0400, Dorine Pratt wrote:
    I don't know that it has anything at all to do with the holdup of the
League Pass, but I do know there's a merger in the works between DirecTV and
The Dish Network -
    We had DirecTV until recently, but where we live we wanted the local
networks.  Dish Network has them, DirecTV is in no hurry to provide that.
DirecTV did automatically renew our football package, but because they didn't
care to provide the local channels in our area, we changed dishes and
cancelled the football package.  With the local channels we get all the
football we want, with all the networks on those.  We also have all the Fox
network stations so we get the Celtics games and of course there will be
others on the networks.  I can tell you that we see ads for DirecTV on our
Dish Network dish - so who knows?  Probably no help to those of you wondering
about your pass, but thought I'd throw that in anyway.

Just FYI The proposed merger has nothing to do with the hold up. No joint decisions can/will be made until six months after government approval of the joining! The merger is in real danger of being scuttled anyway. I can't find the press release from I believe last January that touted the renewal of the Direct Tv NBA League Pass partnership but will post it when I find it. I also asked the DTV folks why the League Pass authorization channel was yanked. She was unaware of it disappearing and will E-Mail me with an answer as soon as she finds out why. The actual League Pass doesn't officially start until either 29 or 30 Oct with a free week to all subscribers The official paid portion culminates on 06 November so they are in no great hurry to start the renewals. I got my bill in todays mail and I was billed for my first of 4 payments for the Pass. I was told to check the Sports program barker channels as some selected exhibition games will be made available for free to any and all subscribers. I also spoke with my cable system as someone was asking about the digital cable League Pass and was told that the In Demand schedule also "Officially " starts on 06 November. She said that no pre-season games were listed on her schedule but that doesn't necessarily mean some games still won't air. Luckily anyone with FSNE will get all the Celts pre and regular season games once again and the Pass is not needed. I only get the Pass to watch all the other teams games. It is by far the best sports PPV package offered as nearly every game is made available IMO of course!!! Later.Mike

P.S. I have also heard that an expanded post game show will debut this season. It is even listed in 2 of my satellite guides. I look forward to seeing them as I hope the coaches press conferences will be included in the show. Later.MJK