Re: Sore points, Jackie - how about deep lacerations and no points?

    I have faced the facts that this is OB and Wallace's "system", IMO, and they
    have brought in the guys they want.  They are just blaming their
    unconventional team structure on the "Salary Cap" so if they fail with this
    system they can avoid the heat.  If they succeed then they have succeeded in
    spite of the salary cap so they appear (maybe rightfully) brilliant.

    It has been stated that Wallace submitted a 5 year plan.  I think that this
    is it folks.  With the comeuppance of the current NBA style in the World
    Games, it *may* be the right one for the times.>>James A. Hill

Jim--

I'm glad you're finally coming around to my way of thinking.  I've been writing that
it's not Gaston, it's Wallace and Obie, and that Obie's built this team around
developing his stars by stretching them one player at a time.

Remember what Obie said about the 3pt offense being the best "for the personnel that
he had on the team"?  That doesn't necessarily mean he was catering to their SKILLS,
he was just as much catering to their own egos and the style of play that they were
willing to commit to.

Have you ever seen a team that had ZERO offense like last year's squad?  Not more than
two or three set plays, ever.  It was just Kenny setting up on his man, and if
stopped, letting PP or Twan fire it up.  Most ridiculous excuse for professional
sports coaching in America.

How could that happen with Obie having years of experience?  By Design.  Let the
Captains run it themselves and fail, but work the defense for Harter and they'll get
their minutes.  This year they were ready after being humbled by NJ.  They learned
that two guys aren't enough.

Rodney was easy, he was the third option, and never initiated the offense.  This year,
Baker will get the ball down low and he'll initiate, but at limited minutes and with
two captains at the Condo, he'll only shoot 12-15 times per game.  A bit more threat,
but not like a dominant center.  To top it all off, TBest would end up looking for
cutters and there won't be any . .  this year.

So, see if you like it better than last year's offense.  If the Caps share the ball,
it bodes well for the PG that we'll get next season--and his backup as well.