Re: More on Lance vs. Pierce..+ zone thoughts.

Pierce has some talent/vision as a passer. In other
words, he isn't just passing for the sake of being more
unselfish, via dumpoff/bailout junk.

He made some nifty interior and over-the-top passes this
weekend, right on the money where the recipient could do
something with it.

Incidentally, Paul's quietly working on four straight
double-doubles. I wonder if he can go to five tonight. We
need to hope for maximum team commitment on the boards,
against the running of the Bulls. They have waves of tall
and athletic players, and one guy averaging nearly 11
boards in Donyell.

Since the twin 4-20 shooting games, Paul Pierce got out
of his production slump not with a jumpshot but mainly by
driving to the basket more. The second Atlanta game was
the first time I thought he also looked reliable again on
open three-point shots.

I hope that shot is more or less back for good, because
he has been in a brutal shooting slump. Anytime you are
shooting 22% on treys after more than ten games, that's
as bad as it can get.

BTW, did you guys notice that Atlanta beat Seattle last
night? Boston needs to maintain the same level of defense
tonight as well as Friday. With a wide open chance to
have the best month (11-4) in possibly over a decade,
they can really help us to fully enjoy the holiday.

But tonight's well-rested Bulls will want nothing better
than to restore their belief that they have big time NBA
talent, with two well-rounded and productive veterans
plus the pick of the litter from two straight NBA drafts,
which landed twin phenom 7-footers and one of the best
NCAA point guards in nearly a decade.

Obie no doubt also will remind our guys that the Bulls
have beaten the Celtics so many times when we least
expected it in the post-MJ era, including this year.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?