Ray of Light

FWIW, I'm a big fan of the NBA draft, but I don't see
much reason for excitement in the upcoming one. In fact
(the new owners' budget willing) I'd hope we flip one or
both of our two picks in a package for a veteran. I
usually never say that kind of thing: I generally think
its better to gamble on an unknown commodity than a known
mediocrity.

I have no idea this time what the euro pool is going to
look like (you'd think it might be a bit tapped out at
least temporarily from last year's "monkey see, monkey
do" draft).

In the meantime, Sports Illustrated quotes one scout
saying that Kansas senior Kirk Haston might be the second
overall pick in the draft after LeBron James. I have
nothing against Kirk Haston, but that ranking mainly
illustrates how murky things look. There are no obvious
prospects this time in the prep or college ranks.

Most every top college NBA prospect (if you can even
think of one) are either too short for their projected
positions, or nothing special. It would be neat if Luke
Walton came to Boston, I suppose. But that's like getting
excited about Shane Battier or Mike O'Koren. And the
depth of the draft makes it seem highly unlikely in any
case.

I'm really looking forward to the NCAA season because
there are some well-balance, senior-heavy college teams.
But unless the Celtics win fewer than 25 games this year,
the idea of trading Antoine Walker for a draft pick seems
pretty imbecilic.

But what's probably equally irrational is that already
four or five of us have responded to a post from an
obvious troll.

Joe H.

<Celtics@igtc.com>
> Cc      :
> Date    : Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:04:34 -0500
> Subject : [Celtics' Stuff Ray of Light
>
> Right.  Goodbye Center problems.  Guess you never heard
of Robert Traylor.  No?  How about Stromile Swift?  Still
checking?  Tyson Chandler?  Maybe MJ's favorite pine-
warmer, Kwame Brown?

> Some of these heralded big guys are busts in the NBA.
Walker's not.  Try something else, Ray. . . but not here.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?