Re: McCarty ..and Celts + Championship

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> > <<<A championship is not in the cards with Pierce and
> > Walker together. Like I said, I'm happy with just
being competitive and if your not your just kidding
yourself with the Pierce Toine package.>>>

Maybe true, but what's amazing is there is scant evidence
YET to support Dan F's assertion this season. Big stress
on the word "yet"!

That's because the Celtics have handily beaten our top
Eastern opponents to date -- Philly (11-4) and NJ (10-4)--
and also stand at 3-1 versus the West (including the win
over the 3-peat Lakers). The Dallas result doesn't look
quite so bad either, compared to how other teams have
fared against them.

Rationally, I admit Dan F's has to be right about a
championship - at least with regard to this season.

One thing to watch is the captains, who together are off
to the slowest start of their  NBA careers in terms of
shooting (and in Antoine's case both shooting and
offensive rebounding). Paul started to turn it around
this weekend, as far as his outside shot.

I have a feeling these guys will raise the bar higher in
December, with the All Star voting in full swing. The
double diss on Olympic invitations thus far can only fuel
their passion to perform well and defeat rivals.

If they do get back on track and smooth out their stats,
which seems probable, I think we may all find it harder
and harder to remove our team from the picture, as a top
Eastern contender.

Incidentally, have you guys been voting every day on the
NBA.COM All Star ballots?

I've cast five or six votes already for Vin Baker and
Tony Battie! :-)

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?