McCarty ..and Celts + Championship

> I don't think you can say McCarty didn't bother - no one can ever fairly
> accuse McCarty of lack of effort. But while possibly more athletic, I don't
>
> think he is more skilled and will never have a very high basketball IQ so a
>
> lot of it's misdirected effort

Nah..I mean he doesn't bother to really work on improving his game..
He doesn't lift weights, he doesn't develop his post up moves and so
forth....

He is a nice guy, and plays hard..but he could have been alot more.
Battie really stretches his talent all the way..IMHO. So does Pierce and
Walker..of course who also were selected pretty late..

<<<A championship is not in the cards with Pierce and
Walker together. Like I said, I'm happy with just being competitive and if
your not your just kidding yourself with the Pierce Toine package.>>>

That is not true. If the Celtics can acquire another star to be, and develop
him then they would have enough for a Championship. Stick Shaq on this
team..and instant championship. Heck the Celts would likely win 70 games. And
you can get a star without breaking up Pierce and Walker. In fact since
neither would likely fetch a star..why bother?

They have two first round picks this year, but they need to find a way to
move up.
You hardly ever see a great player drafted after then #10 position.

Actually there is a glimmer of hope right now:

Though folks think I am insane. I think there is a slim chance K. Brown can
develop into a star. Almost all the best players in the NBA are super
athletic...
T-Mac, AI, C-Webb, Kobe, Payton. Or the just very tall and kinda athletic
(Shaq...Yao Ming...Duncan, Dirk)

At least K. Brown is super athletic. So he has more potential then anyone on
our roster...even Pierce or Walker- who are only good athletes.

That's why I say he was good choice even if he turns out to be a bust.
If you draft just a good athlete..like Jefferson,Tony Parker, Murphy or Vlad
then the best you could ever get is just a good player.

The Celts need another great player..not another good one. I hope they
continue to take risks with their draft pics like they did with Brown. The
draft is the key to our future as we can never sign a big free agent not that
we have Vin. (bleh)

What worries me is that Wallace and OB might think that Walker and Pierce are
enough..they are not. The Celts need to acquire and develop a star to win it
all.

Pete