Re: our captains

FWIW, I think it is the rarest thing,in a winning
context, to get two young guys with "shooters amnesia" to
play this well off each other.

And not that it matters a great deal to me, but I think
Pierce has shown a ton of respect for Antoine. To his
credit, he's been standing up for Walker from day one. He
didn't have to. He was Saint Paul.

Antoine's play and attitude speak for themselves too.

I thought one the best parts of the weekend was Antoine's
postgame interview on Friday. He sounds like he could
step in and coach an NBA team, and his praise of his
teammates and awareness of what they were doing on the
court is tremendous.

It is one thing that they are both fairly talented, but
they are also extremely competitive and durable.

Obviously this is partly a case of "green-colored
glasses" syndrome, but name me a basketball team you feel
more relaxed about when they are down by double digits?
This is the most diligent comeback team I've seen in
Boston, and its not just because they all can shoot
threes, and can raise their team defense to another
level, but also because the captains stay composed enough
to pass it to the open three.

Maybe I was just in the right frame of mind, but I knew
they were going to win on Friday night when they were
down 12 points in the fourth, or whatever. And the closer
the score got, the more obvious it seemed to me which
side would run out of steam.

They are the opposite of Sacramento's stars. Not only do
they have nearly the same passing acumen to be a 100 ppg
ballclub, but in crunchtime they go to the captains and
you don't see a hint of worry on either of them. This
inspires me, as a fan, to calm down and enjoy the
excitement of late game situations.

The only thing that got us last year IMO today was
fatigue. And the fact that Delk, EWill, Kenny and co.
couldn't hit even open three-pointers.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?