> While we're witnessing some fine play from Battie, Shammond, and
> occasionally Eric and Tony D., it's the zeal of the captains to win that
> makes us formidable.  Sure I would like to see a point guard in control,
> sure I would like to see Antoine on the low blocks, sure I would like to
> see the captains take less than 50% of the shots, and I don't necessarily
> think that winning is the bottom line (winning a championship is), but the
> Celts have averted an early season slide and look to be contenders for the
> top spot in the East.

Yup...
Nice thing about those two guys..is that they are really tough and competive.

Technically..you could easily make a case that say Orlando has more talent in

Hill and McGrady...but Walker and Pierce are just tougher players. Also
Pierce was slumping a bit offensively..( I think the World Championships have
hurt him some) but he really is passing alot better.

Now I always liked Battie..I told you folks he could play...
Battie to me..is a guy who made more of his talents. Someone like McCarty
should actually be better then him..but just didn't bother. At least when
Battie is on someone six - one he will post up or dunk on him.

Pete