This and that

    Just a few short words before I go off to celebrate 23 years of marriage
to my high school sweetheart.  It seems like only yesterday that we met
instead of 28 years ago.  Just seeing that number on the page makes me feel
old.

  It looks like O'Brien was right about one thing, defense is the difference.
  It's strange how much this teams offense is predicated on it's defense.  It
would be one thing if the defense was allowing easy transition baskets or
allowing it to be a running team.  In that case it would make sense.  But
it's not.  We are still pretty much a half court team.  That is odd in itself
considering we are second in the league in steals (actually tied with
Sacramento).  You would think that would lead to more transition baskets.
Yet, it's undeniable that when we struggle on defense we struggle on
offense....and when we get defensive stops we are more free flowing on
offense. Very strange indeed.  Maybe it is all psychological.  After all, if
the coach spends every waking minute preaching defense and then you go out
and deliver, it would make you feel pretty positive about your game which
would probably carry over to the other end of the court.
  With that said it sure is nice to see us finally getting on the same page
defensively.
The last few games have shown flashes of the type of defense this team had
down the stretch last season and it can only get better.

  Am I the only one who enjoyed the fact that Washington became the Grizzlies
first victim of the season?  The only teams I'd rather have seen in it's
place would be the Lakers or the Nets.

  The Celtics are the only team in the Atlantic with an above 500 road
record.  We are 4-2 on the road so far.  The Nets are 3-3.  The Sixers have
yet to lose at home (7-0) but are only 2-4 on the road.  Washington is 1-5.
Orlando is 4-5.
I know it's early, but it's nice to see the consistency the Celtics have
shown so far, winning at home and winning on the road.

TAM