I'm not sure if it nonsense to assume the "team" is responsible to the NBA
for the luxury tax, regardless of who owns the team when the tax cut off is
calculated.  However I do believe that it would be nonsense to think Gaston
is going to flirt with the tax if it's his responsibility.  Why would he
spend $1 million on a practice player and have it cost him $14 million out
of pocket?

Does anyone know the facts on when 10 day contracts can be signed that was
brought up earlier today?  Do 10 day contracts count towards the total
salary figures as actual amounts paid?  Or is there some multiplying factor
involved to annualize it?

<Jim