If There's One Thing I'd Like To See The New Owners Do...

And it's not bringing in a replacement for the injured Kedrick Brown.
That's chump change - little effect on the "Big Picture" type of stuff.

Nah, I'm talking about something big and something risky,
but a nice "Get The Celtics Into The Finals"  type of payoff
if it works out.

That's a trade for Zydraunas Ilgauskas. He's the best center in the
East and one of the top five pivot-men in the NBA. He's what the Celtics

haven't had since Robert Parish, hell, I think you can make the case
that he's
better than Parish.

But he's like a mammary on a bull to Cleveland. They don't need him and
they
don't want his contributions.  Because they've got to be bad, B-B-B-B
badddd.
The Least of the Worst, to get as many combos as possible in the Lebron
James
sweepstakes. And Zydraunas sticking around insures that the Land of
Cleve finishes
ahead of Denver and perhaps a few other teams.

So, they really need to think about trading him, while he's going good
and injury
free.

And that's the big risk you have in prosecuting an Ilgauskas trade. Can
the guy
hold up for the rest of the season and extended duty in the playoffs?

And that's precisely one of the reasons that you could do a deal for an
Ilgauskas.

See, normally, if you were talking about the best center in the Eastern
Conference,
there be no way the Celtics could do such a deal, as they simply don't
have
the talent available for that type of trade. But thanks to the
mitigating effects of
Zydraunas' past foot problems and the Cavs need to lose games, well, an
outstanding center like Z-Man becomes a lot more obtainable.

And what would it take to obtain him?

Well, he's making about the same type of money as Vinnie, albeit with a
lot more
bang for his buck.

So, let's trade Vinnie for him...LOL. Nah, I don't think Cleveland is
that crazy,
but if you offered Vinnie and a Kedrick Brown with his injuries of
renown and tossed
in a couple of firsts - that may get the job down, as Cavs need to lose,
and are looking
for young players and draft picks.

As for the Celtics, a Big Payoff.  A legitimate impact center to go with
Pierce and Walker
and the mad carpet bombing point guards. Can't go wrong with that.

As long as Ilgauskas stays healthy......

Ray