> In games like this, when the three is falling, we look invincible and
> Wallace/Obie/Papile come off as modern-day Einsteins.  But when the
> almighty three is not falling, we look more like a dysfunctional,
> unimaginative team wholly dependent on a low-percentage shot.

Well...actually the Celts scored more points in the paint then
the Nets. And I remember they did the same thing in the playoffs a couple
times last year. But hey journalists never let facts get in the way...so why
should I?

Truth is the Celts offense isn't that different then most others...except
Obie wants his guys to take the outside three instead of the outside two
pointer. The Delk/Williams things is great for dealing with Kidd.

Truth is Kidd is overrated..yes I still think so..
Despite his beating us in the very poor east last year.

He has poor lateral movement, and can only really play effective help
defense.
He usually leaves his man wide open to help harass someone else with the
ball..
That is why Delk and Shammond were often wide open. I don't think the Nets
can just "play harder."

If they are going to double and triple cover Pierce and Walker on drives, and
double Baker in the post then those guys will be left open. Pierce, Walker,
and Baker actually are three pretty decent post players... And they are all
capable of whipping
the ball back out to the guy on the outside.

Amazingly, Baker seems to be the worst of the three right now in the post.
Though I will say he seems a good deal more basketball savy and unselfish
they I imagined...just not as good in the post as I thought he would be. If
we had signed him at the vet minimum..he would have been a good pickup.

Anyway, Delk and Shammond might both go cold once in a while..but since they
are both good shooters..that is unlikely. Kedrick, McCarty, and Williams are
our second tier three point shooters in that scenario.

So I expect the Celts to win 48 games..just like I predicted.  The OB
strategy does work....he proved it last year. It makes for ugly basketball
but it works... I just don't like it when Pierce and Walker take heavily
contested threes.. They should just wait for open ones.

And poor Rodney..the swamp isn't agreeing with him..
He looked a bit overweight and sluggish... Know one ever though Delk was the
better player of the two last year. Maybe PP isn't such a team cancer after
all..   Hehe.

Pete