Re: Shammond & Delk

fumes. .........
> I Dub thee
Baker.............Zombie....................Electric
shock therapy
> may work.
>
> DanF

Hi Dan:

Vin Baker supposedly had great practices this week, but I
take back my "he'll never get booed this year"
conjecture.

I must admit that little confrontation with Mutombo was
fun. He seems really proud to be a Celtic.

I really think its the rule changes, more than anything,
that have turned Vin into a dinosaur.

Incidentally, its interesting how Rogers suddenly seems
every day of a year older than Vin, maybe because of the
extra weight he's carrying.

He looked good last night, and I couldn't help cheering
for him. But obviously, his game is way down from last
year so far. I thought he would thrive being back with
Jason Kidd.

You can see the fork in Mutombo's back too, even from the
cheap seats. If that trade (and signing Chris "Julia"
Childs)was supposed to help convince Kidd to stay in NJ
for 7 more years, I think it will backfire.

Mutombo is to the Nets what Baker is to the Celtics.

To wit, do any of you guys realize that Mutombo will
still be on the books for 19.7 million dollars during the
2004-2005 season? And he's at least ten years Vin Baker's
senior.

Things are tough all over. There are as many bad max
contracts around the league as there are teams stradling
the luxury cap doo doo.

Vin's one-on-one a lot down there. He could be a bit more
effective as a catch and kick out post-up guy in the
Meadowlark Lemon mold. But basically he likes to dribble
a bit in there, and zone defenses are swallowing him up
and spitting him out. And the mechanics on his face-up
jumper are less than what I thought he had. I thought
he'd at least be as good as Potapenko. Wasn't Vin a
pretty effective inside-outside style player way back
when?

Thankfully he's not the key to this team. It hardly makes
a difference whether he scores 2 points or 10 points.

But if Vin gets his game together, we'll be an even
better Celtics team during our run to the playoffs.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?