RE: Herald - Michael Gee on the three

Gee also manages to forget that the Nets defense was designed to limit the
efficiency of Toine and Paul, with the theme of making someone else beat
them.  When he opines that the Nets D was "either too tired or lacked enough
interest to challenge Williams and Delk", he is neglecting that point
entirely.

Somebody on this list mentioned some time ago that one strategy with which
to employ versus Kidd is to make him work on D.  By utilizing our PGs in
such a manner, it limits his capacity to help out, an area where he is very
effective.  Make him concentrate on guarding an offensive threat and he will
have problems.

Cassell: 	12pts - 3reb - 9ast - 0stl - 1to
Kidd:	   	24pts - 3reb - 5ast - 1stl - 2to

JWill:	26pts -14reb -13ast - 2stl - 2to
Kidd:		25pts -11reb -12ast - 2stl - 0to

Nash:		30pts - 0reb - 9ast - 1stl - 5to
Kidd:		22pts - 9reb -13ast - 5stl - 5to

Delk:		21pts - 7reb - 3ast - 2stl - 3to
Kidd:		19pts - 6reb - 6ast - 1stl - 7to

These numbers represent what the opposing PG has done in the Nets 4 losses.
Clearly, putting pressure on him to contain a scoring PG is a problem.  We
now have the capacity to do the same, with the exception that we have
another guy who can come off the bench and hit a shot from that position as
well.

Gee is correct about making due with what you got.

Cecil