Great Paul Pierce Mag Cover!!

I just got my Winter 2003 edition of Dime Magazine and it has PP on the cover and a good feature article as well. I will scan the article in the next couple of days as my scanner at home isn't a flatbed and I don't want to mess up the magazine. A couple of paragraphs stand out in my mind regarding the bull crap about Paul and the World Championships.

From the article Paul Pierce Bares His Soul
His emotion naturally transcends to the court as well. He finds himself caught up in games, talking to his teammates, opposing players, fans and refs. Some critics see it as immaturity, citing Pierces overt reaction in the playoffs when last second plays were designed for Antoine Walker instead of himself.
They cite the World Games where there were rumors that his USA teammates bore ill will towards Paul for taking so many shots. Others in the basketball community including the man who called those plays in the playoffs, see it more as passion
"I think showing emotion is fine" O' Brien says "Of course he always wants the ball. He's an unbelievable competitor. A lot of times, especially in Pauls case, it probably makes him play better when he has that adrenaline rush going."
An NBA scout from a Western Conference team that Paul has particularly tortured in his first four years in the league says of Pierce; "He doesn' t get any more emotional than say a Kobe or T-Mac.
Guys who play as hard as he does are going to blow their top every now and then. And that's fine, you want emotion and passion out of a guy. "And people criticize him for taking too many shots, what do they want him to do? Pass to fucking Ben Wallace? "
Taken from the article by Pat Cassidy

To see the amazing cover and some other photos of PP point your browser to:
http://www.dimemag.com/index.asp

Later.Mike