Re: Great Paul Pierce Mag Cover!!

At 11:16 PM 11/20/2002 -0500, Lance Jacobson wrote:
Mike, who is this guy,
He is a good writer IMO. I have read and enjoyed his take in the past.

and why does he think he's talking about Jerry
Stackhouse?  Pierce never passes to Ben Wallace; although it's slightly more
likely than him passing to Chris Wallace.
Uh I believe the Scout was using Ben Wallace as an example of his World team teammates.

Also, please realize that Obie's never going to publicly decry his players.
He learned the hard way from Pitino that it comes back to haunt you.  But no
article that's trying to refute Paul's reputation gains any credibility by
quoting Pierce's mom or his coach.  It's just weak journalism.
'Sigh' Come on Lance. Face it if an article or a persons take doesn't fit your view/opinion of PP you dismiss it. Isn't it possible that Obies take of PP is how he actually feels? Obie in my observations will just deflect answers that might sound negative regarding his players and in the Dime article he didn't try to dodge anything and expounded on PP favorably. I choose to believe that he was being genuine and obviously you do not. Just curious did you read the whole article or just the couple of paragraphs that I posted?? I will try to get the whole article scanned by tomorrow and I will then post it in its entirety for the whole lists perusal. Lastly I didn't post it to "refute" his reputation. BTW this supposed reputation came out of the blue after nearly 4 years of pro participation. It was mostly innuendo from teammates that didn't have the stones to go on the record. To me that is weak. Yup then a few reporters run with the locker room comments and voile instant credibility is given to comments from a couple of disgruntled teammates without them even having to be men and comment on the record. No i don't think PP is wartless but he is far from the antichrist that you seem to view him. I wasn't trying to change your mind regarding Pierce as clearly that ain't going to happen but to show you that some people in the know may view PP in a different light.
I posted the url so folks could see the incredible cover photo and the photos showing the scars from the heinous stabbing. I'm curious to peoples take on his tattoos and the other photos
http://www.dimemag.com/index.asp

Anywho these are my thoughts and as always YMMV!! Later.Mike