re: What this means?

From: "Richard Quan" <r.quan@xxxxxxxxxx>

Well, it isn't that the Celts would do much in the finals.  If they had
reached the finals, the embarrassment may go a long way to set a team
farther back than what we will face next year: re: Philadelphia.
I don't think it was so much the embarrassment of failing in the Finals as much as losing key players from that championship run. I hope the Celtics do not make the same mistake.

The team
was tired from the comeback game onwards; perhaps what happened was the
reverse from the experts' prognostications; psychologically, emotionally,
that Saturday game took it out of the Celtics and Monday reinforced that
emptiness.
Perhaps this was indeed the case.

I haven't written much to the list but have enjoyed the season's coverage.
Some people might say it is too early to speculate on next year, "I say why
not."
As for as I'm concerned it *is* next year. Right here. Right now. Speculate away!

Re-sign Rodney Rogers.

Bird