Lakers-Kings

Bummer. On the other hand, if our guys make it to the Finals, the Lakers may be
the preferred matchup, and not just historically. While the regular season
record is thought to be irrelevant, I think we've seen that it does mean
something - Philly has been our toughest opponent so far, as was suggested by
the regular season record. If Obie/Harter can figure out how to frustrate Shaq
(they did in the game in LA), slow down Kobe somewhat, and put a man on Horry
at the 3-line (the fatal error by Sacramento last night), we might stand a
chance. Sacramento, on the other hand, just has too many options, especially if
Peja comes back.

I'm always fearful that such looking ahead to our next opponent is premature,
although not because I think such musings can somehow bring "bad luck" or some
such nonsense. It is because, no matter how hard our players try concentrate on
the task at hand and play for 48 minutes, the fact that they needed to play
only one quarter to beat the Nets is bound to make them relax.  And if they
allow the Nets to run up the score again - which happens every time our guys
relax (see Game 1, first 3 quarters of Game 3) -  they *will* lose. Let's hope
Obie and Toine can keep them on track.
Kestas