Wild scene

My memories from the game, Section 309, Row 5.
Early in the third quarter, I turned to my 13 year old
son and said, "if they get down by 30, let's get out
of here".  When the Nets pushed it to 26, he tapped me
on the shoulder and dejectedly said "Let's go."  We
gathered our belongings and headed out into the
hallway. As I started to put my sweatshirt on and get
ready to leave, he said to me, "Maybe we should just
stay a bit longer".  I thought about it a few seconds,
and said "okay, but we have to do something to change
our luck. Let's switch seats".  We returned to our
seats, and I sat in Seat 2, my son moved into in Seat
1. The rest is history, and I will never, ever
consider leaving a Celtics game again.  After the
game, my son asked me if this was the greatest Celtics
game I had ever been to.  I have attended three
Championship games, (wins over the Lakers and Rockets,
loss to the Lakers), witnessed the Larry Bird steal
over Detroit, the Gerald Henderson steal over Philly,
and the pulsating win over the Lakers in the 105
degree June heat in the Garden when Kareem had to take
oxygen on the bench.  I personally lost 5 pounds in
that game as a fan.  This victory has to go up there
as one of the most amazing events ever witnessed by a
sports fan.  Causeway Street after the game was a wild
mix of Mardi Gras and NCAA Final Four.  Fans were high
fiving in lines that stretched as far as we could see.
 People had looks of disbelief, calling friends and
family on cell phones to provide some of the local
flavor.  It is not possible to describe how deafening
the noise was at the Fleet, but as I sit here on
Sunday morning, I am still hoarse from shouting.  It
doesn't get any better than this.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com