Re: MediaWatch....negative towards C's?

----- Original Message ----- From: "MediaWatch" <MediawatchNOSPAM@attbi.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 10:38 AM
Subject: MediaWatch....negative towards C's?

> Jim suggested that perhaps MediaWatch and "Way of the Ray" were one and
> the same. That hurt. I'm just as happy for the Celtics as all of you
> are, perhaps more. If the tone of my website seems negative...it's
> because that is how the Boston Media *is*. The object of my website is
> to demonstrate the ridiculousness of the Boston Sports Media. How they
> love the negative, how they make themselves more of the story then the
> subjects they cover. It's also to give people who aren't in town a taste
> of what is being talked about on the radio, on TV, and online.

Oh C'mon.  The article is from a New Jersey paper.  How is that
"demonstrating the ridiculousness of the Boston Sports Media?"  The Boston
media have been absolutely showering praise on the Celtics since this
playoff run has taken hold.  MediaWatch chooses about the only article with
any negative spin one could find to post to the Celtics discussion list?  So
I go to the site and it basically consists of a summary of what people are
saying on WEEI as it happens.  I don't claim to know if MediaWatch is WayRay
or not, but it certainly reminds me of him, and I hate being reminded of
him.

Jim