Re: Tonight's game

On Monday, March 25, 2002, at 07:45 PM, Shawn Niles wrote:

> I know that complaining after a win is not popular, but I am looking long
> term. Putting Kedrick in could have caused this game to not be so close
> at the end. Even in wins, things can be done better.

Sure, that's true, but I'm just saying that for me it's simpler.  If the
team won, I don't wonder how much "better" a win would have been with
Brown in the game.  Hey, I'd like to see him play, too -- every time he's
in the game, he makes a good defensive play or two, gets high for a
slammer, makes a good pass, grabs some lofty rebounds -- he's going to be
good, but you know Obie: never play a rook when there's a veteran on the
bench.  At this point I'm used to it.  Like small ball, the threes, Walker
at the four: I find accepting how the team wants to play much better for
my mental health than constantly wondering why they don't play Walker at
the small forward spot, and all the rest (well, actually, I like all the
threes -- until, as some of the more sober listers have mentioned, they
can grab a inside presence that allows them to incorporate that strength
into the strategy).

I'm not picking on you, Shawn, and it's good to look long-term.  I
certainly hope C's management is.  But, for me, I'm just glorying in a
playoff appearance.  Small steps.  The turtle wins the race.  And all that
sort of thing.

Bird