Re: [Celtics' Stuff Poor coaching again by Obie loses game

In a message dated 3/23/02 9:17:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca writes:

> I recently read an interesting idea that had the C's making a run at Duncan
> and selling him on a frontcourt of Walker, Pierce and him being a dominant
> one harkening back to the days of the balleyhooed big three.  Also,
> rekindling the old C's - Lakers rivalry for the glory.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cecil

Cecil,

Getting Duncan represents a 'best case' scenario.  However, I'd be content
with adding one of the leftovers such as Jermaine O'Neal or Kandi Man.
Getting either of them would drastically alter the team's offensive scheme
and instantly transform the C's into the Beast of the East.

Getting Duncan would not only make the C's the Beast of the East, but a legit
threat to beat any team in the West and raise banner #17.

CeltsSteve