Re: [Celtics' Stuff Poor coaching again by Obie loses game

In a message dated 3/23/02 8:38:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kelticsfan@attbi.com writes:

> I understand the need to make the playoffs and the fact that there is a
> dearth of talent on the roster but are things going to change if and when
> more talent arrives?  Will it be so easy to alter the "system" two yeasrs
> hence if the Celtics obtain another stud? I am concerned that it won't.

Ravi,

We'll never know the answer to that question until the day ('when more
talent') actually does arrive. It's not like he currently has a dominating
inside/post player that he could go to but steadfastly refuses to utilize in
favor of emphasizing the 3-ball. Once the team gets that dominating inside
presence then I think you'll see this team zoom to next level because it can
establish, and more importantly, empahsize an inside-out offense with the
3-ball complimenting the inside game.

Like it or not, O'Brien is paid to win and with the the roster he currently
has, spreading the floor gives him the best chance to do just that. It may
not be pretty and the 'purists' might not like it but the C's are winning
again and quiet as it's kept, the team has already exceeded the expectations
of most posters on this list. Why do you think that is? Is it because the
majority of posters underjudged the actual talent on the team or is it
because they were right about the talent level and the coach has been able to
coax more W's out of what he has to work with? You can't have it both ways.

CeltsSteve