Re: KA's game of the year

on 3/8/02 10:09 PM, Dan Forant at dforant1@nycap.rr.com wrote:

> Got to give credit to KA for a great game. He was in control, the general out
> there. I've been blasting him of late even though we've been winning. this is
> the way KA can play. Maybe he needed more options. Without a doubt, Rogers and
> Delk have made KA more effective. Detroit threw their best offensive weapons
> at us in the 1st and we prevailed. Carlisle and company came away with a
> different mindset of the Celts.
>
> Defense was excellent. Great hustle. The two new additions give the team a new
> outlook, no one has to go it alone now. Witness the passing, unselfish play.
> Looks like Pierce likes the big games. I been saying all along, a couple of
> players and bingo. Who knows how far we can go now.
>
> Another good outcome, we are showcasing Blount and McCarty. Their value is
> increasing.
>
> DanF
        ***********

   My impression of Anderson's game, lately; but especially true last night,
is that he is coasting. I don't see him expending much energy, for long
stretches of game. He is handing the ball to Walker, without a whimper (not
a bad thing, if Antoine continues to think pass first), but likes to control
the ball during the key moments of the game and is picking his spots. He's
been very effective going to the basket and hitting that little jumper at
the top of the key, but I definitely think he's resting on the floor, for
long stretches. On defense and as a rebounder, I think we saw more effort
from him early in the season.
   While I like a player who works hard for as long as he's on the floor, we
have no other real point guard and O'Brien has been forced to play Kenny too
many minutes for a player his age, with his knees.
   What I'm hoping is, that this doesn't become a habit and that as a result
of Kenny pacing himself now, we will see even better play from him in the
playoffs.
        JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01