Re: [Celtics' Stuff RE: W. McCarty Player of the Week!!!

on 3/9/02 12:32 AM, jsjs3313@cs.com at jsjs3313@cs.com wrote:

Shit, after the last couple games I want everyone back!!! I know it's not
possible, but hell if we had this group and a legit 5, we could contend...
Christ I think we might contend now { will get my balls busted and probally
regret saying this in the a.m.}but screw
it....................................
            jsjs
            **********
       Contend, is such a big word. We've seen that on our best game, no one
in the East is clearly superior, even the Bucks and the Sixers. We've also
seen; selfish, lazy play, with an undermanned, undersized, front line, that
couldn't stay in the gym with the likes of Atlanta, Miami, or Philly.
       If they do make a strong impression in the playoffs and if they
continue to listen to O'Brien and put the team first, our owner will have to
take a deep breath and reconsider his phobia regarding the luxury tax. A
roster must have at least 12 players and if he doesn't sign at least 14,
there will be much grumbling, not only from the fans and the press, but from
the players and the coach, who will suddenly have some cachet.
       My point is; the future playing home of Strickland, McCarty and
Rodney Rogers will be determined by, just as you say, the visible signs, of
the team reaching contending status.
       The legit 5 may have to wait another year, when Anderson's money
frees up, but that's not to say, some under achiever isn't ready to blossom
and great scouting pulls him in.
       Did anyone notice Olowakandi's 30/16 game last night? Any GM, who
passed on a trade for that kid, last summer, should be having some restless
nights.

     JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01