RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V9 #192

Pete, if Mr. Rogers is such a stud why has he played bench roles on 4-5
different teams that I am aware of? Are they all totally blind to this
superior talent, or has it yet to be optimized? I think people are dreaming
if they think Rogers can play the center position for any extended period of
time. He is 6'6" to 6'7", most offensive centers would kill him in the low
post for any extended period of time. He can't guard most quick 3's either.
At a reasonable price he adds value as an additional perimeter threat, but
if he is looking in the $5M + range I think we can find big 2 guards or low
post help that would suit us better. Aaron Williams and Martin ate us up in
the Jersey series.  Nowitski, Wallace and even Rahim I believe  had 20+
rebound games. Maybe guys like Odom and Olowokandi are not like the Ron
Mercer's looking to maximize their pay even if they have to go to the worst
team, and may settle for less to go to a competitor?

Although I am not a huge Walker fan I expect his trade value to be much
higher than Rodney Rogers. I don't think any team would give Rogers the max.
If Walker worked on his low post game and little jump hooks, fall aways and
use of the glass he could be a dominant force.

Rodney rebounds per minute nearly as well, shoots a better percentage and
turns the ball over less. Walker doesn't shoot as well, and makes more
turnovers but can dribble a bit fancier and is younger. He also passes
better
and is more of a leader.

And ya..a guy as strong and quick as Rodney who can flat out nail threes in
stud..
on any team in the NBA.

Pete