> Good lord. I think your evaluation is as far off base as the prior one,
> maybe further once you say he is pretty close to Walker. Rodney is NOT a
> decent passer (Walker is much better than decent), cannot handle the ball
> (again Walker MUCH better than decent) -even on his own drives, certainly
> yes he can score, but is too often a bit slow to react on defense and
> rebounding (Walker is rarely slow to react, misses out on rebounds more
> from being out of position and is MUCH better on defense than Rodney if for
>
> no other reason than quickness and being smarter, if less experienced)

Eh well..
I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Your quite off-base with your views on Rodney..and the Celtics know this.

You claim that Walker is a far superior ball handler:

Fact:
He played about half as many minutes as Walker had about half as many
turnovers.

I don't know why people think Walker is such a fabulous ball-handler...
more often then not you get him "running" a break he will screw it up. Both
Pierce
and Rodney show alot more come sense in that reguard.

> good lord, if you think Pierce is a better defender, I have to wonder what
> you were watching. Paul tries to play the Larry Bird 'rover' position on
> defense and it WAY too often was his man that was the one left open with a
> too late recovery, while he got too many fouls diving too late at someone.

Yup..Paul Pierce is a far better defender then Walker.
Walker lacks the quickness to match up with the small people he sometimes
guards
and he lacks the strength to deal with the stronger players in the post. He
can't guard small forwards, and he can't guard power forwards. Point of
fact..Walker can't really guard anyone. Van Horn even abused him. How
pathetic is that?

> Maybe it's the blocked shots that make you think that? I'll grant you
> those, but he's still FAR too often out of position/rubbed off too easily
> by picks, etc.

Pierce had more blocked shots AND more steals. Seeing he is a smaller player
well its pretty darn clear who defends better. Frankly its not even a
contest.
Walker can't guard anyone who he should match up with. Pierce on the other
hand has an excellent combination of size and speed. He can guard most small
forwards and most off-guards.

 I'm not worried, because this is stuff that CAN be improved

> and I'm pretty sure will be, but Pierce's defense is hardly a strong point
> and not even close to Strick's class. Back to Rodney. No, Rodney is not
> overweight -that was a dumb cheap shot. He's big but clearly not out of
> condition. However, yes he is an undersized tweener (but then so was Sir
> Charles, the classic example people point to about how little that
> inherently has to matter. Unfortunately he's not Sir Charles either.). Yes,
>
> he is strong and is not afraid to use it. Journeyman? That's a tougher
> call. In a different time, yeah without question. In today's NBA?
> Borderline. I like Rodney, within his limitations, but stud basketball
> player? Maybe compared with someone like Blount...

Eh...thats why I compared him to Walker..who is another "Tweener."
Of course Rodney with his superior strength can play the pivot..a bit...
and yet he is quick enough to play the small forward some.

Walker on the other hand is also a bit too slow to play small forward but too
short and weak to play the power forward. They are both "tweeners"

I hate to be the unfortunate bringing of bad news..but here goes.

Walker is not that good. He isn't that special a player. He is a kinda
versatile all around stud player who does alot of things well but nothing
great. And yes Rodney
Rodgers isn't that far off.

Rodney rebounds per minute nearly as well, shoots a better percentage and
turns the ball over less. Walker doesn't shoot as well, and makes more
turnovers but can dribble a bit fancier and is younger. He also passes better
and is more of a leader.

And ya..a guy as strong and quick as Rodney who can flat out nail threes in
stud..
on any team in the NBA.

Pete