Trade Scuttlebutt

I remember this name can anyone shed some light? I have yet to hear one
rumor regarding any Celtic attempted acquisitions.

This is the fascinating formula that apparently will bring Efthimios
Rentzias to the 76ers: FC Barcelona, Rentzias' team in Spain, decided
against picking up an option on his contract yesterday, clearing the way for
him to open negotiations with the Sixers. "They had to notify me in writing
by 6 p.m. [yesterday] if they were exercising their option," said Keith
Glass, Rentzias' agent. "That didn't happen." Instead, Barcelona was
required to pay Rentzias a buyout fee that will net him nearly $200,000. Had
he remained in Spain, his contract for next season would have been worth
nearly $1 million. "I think the people over there think he'll still re-sign
with them, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen," Glass said. The
6-11 Rentzias, taken No. 23 in the first round of the 1996 NBA draft by
Denver, will play for his native Greece in the World Championships this
summer. For NBA salary-cap purposes, he can be paid within the limits of the
pay scale for the No. 23 pick this year. The slotted starting salary is
$752,800, which can be negotiated up or down by a maximum of 20 percent; as
with any rookie contract, it includes a three-year guarantee. "I hope things
work out," Sixers general manager Billy King said via e-mail. "They look
good right now." Philadelphia Daily News
<http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/3569070.htm>

Philly on their minds?
NBA teams can begin speaking with free agents Monday, and players can begin
signing July 16. It remains to be seen whether the Sixers consider either
Boston forward Rodney Rogers or Minnesota guard Chauncey Billups as
priorities.
"Rodney thinks a lot of Philly, and wants to stay in the East," said James
"Butch" Williams, Rogers' agent. "I think Philly is one place he'd seriously
consider."
Andy Miller, Billups' agent, said, "From our perspective, Philadelphia would
be on a short list. If they don't call, I'll call them. I will definitely
inquire."
Billups, who opted out after the second year of a three-year contract, is
thought to have an interest in returning to Denver, his hometown. Both
players also could decide to remain with their current teams.

A Knicks rumor had Kurt Thomas and Latrell Sprewell headed to Cleveland for
Andre Miller and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

"The Miami Heat wasted little time making a decision on forward Chris
Gatling's future with the team. Gatling, who was signed last year to a
three-year deal with only the first year guaranteed, was waived Thursday,
ending his second playing stint with the team."

A good article on Clipper attempts to get Davis and Miller.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/articles/0602/27/spo08.asp

Others rumored to be available include Minnesota's Wally Szczerbiak, New
Jersey's Keith Van Horn, Philadelphia's Dikembe Mutombo and Eric Snow,
Indiana's Austin Croshere, Golden State's Danny Fortson, Denver's James
Posey and yes, Glenn Robinson of the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Clippers meanwhile, with a bevy of big men and a dire need for a point
guard, will keep the lines of communication open.
"It would be great to get a point guard," said Los Angeles coach Alvin
Gentry. "But everything isn't over."